Synthetic Coolants Industry Applications
Tulco has developed a full line of Synthetic Coolants that cover the multitude of metalworking operations and the different metal types used in these operations. As with many of our lubricants, different additive technologies work best at certain temperatures and with certain metal types. Tulco can help you select the best Synthetic Coolant for your specific operation with these factors in mind.
What makes Tulco’s semi-synthetic coolant right for your metalworking application?
- Synthetic Coolant formulations do not contain any petroleum oil. Instead they contain detergent-like components to help "wet" the part and other additives to improve performance. Like the other classes of water-miscible fluids, synthetics are designed to be diluted with water.
- Among the different types of metalworking fluids, synthetic coolants generally are the cleanest, offer the best heat reduction, have excellent rust control, and offer longer sump life.
- This type of metalworking fluid is transparent (allowing the operator to see the work) and are largely unaffected by hard water.
- Most clean running
- Excellent cooling characteristics
- Easy to maintain (if done correctly)
- Long sump life
- Best biological control
- Readily rejects tramp oil
- Generally low foaming
- Most hard water stable
Our Lubsoil® products have been a solution for a wide range of metalworking applications.